Monday, September 11, 2017

The Day Before . . .



9/11
Our son, Joshua, was in Army basic training that September.  However, his wife had given birth to their first son and he was home on leave.  We decided to wait and have him help us put our American Flag, which we did on September 10, 2001.  Little did we know what would happen the next day.   I was shocked when read my old notes about these photographs and saw the ‘print’ date of 9/10/2001 on the back (Remember when we went to the local store to get our film developed).  




The flag stripes were simple to create by simply tearing strips from a 12” x 12” piece of Whisper White card stock.  The title is cut from a photo I printed off the internet and cut the numbers out using the Large Numbers Framelits.  I also cut two extra sets of numbers from Thick Whisper White to mat the photo numbers and lift them up.  I also outlined them using White Stampin Chalk Marker. The stars were cut from the Wood Crate and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.

The layout do not show any journaling which will run through the Whisper White card stock.  I don’t want to post such tender thoughts on my blog, I hope you understand.

While it is important to never forget this event in history, I hope we have learned, or are at least learning, to forgive.  Without forgiveness, we cannot move forward.  Vigilance without prejudice.

God Bless America


If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!

Below are the product codes and prices for today’s projects. Just click to order them for yourself today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment