Monday, September 18, 2017

Just Add Color



Colorful Memories

Adult coloring books have been all the rage for a while now.  As a crafter, especially a rubber stamper, I understand it.  Coloring with ink, markers, pencils, etc. is very relaxing.  That’s why I fell in love with the Just Add Color Specialty Designer Series Paper. I knew it would not just make great cards, but also great backgrounds for scrapbook pages. 



The page design I picked for this layout is filled with leaves gently swirling all around the page.  On the left page (shown on top) I cut approximately 1/3 of the DSP sheet giving it a half moon edge which I attached a 12” x 12” piece of Whisper White card stock.  Then I fussy cut several leaves from the remainder of the sheet and added them swirling around our family photos.  As we are a blended family we feel that joining together brought more color into our lives.  With that thought in mind I used Watercolor Pencils to add soft colors to the leaves in a windswept curve through the individual photos and a little onto the second page flowing to the family photo. 

It’s hard to see the colors in the photos so here’s a close-up.

I hope you enjoyed today’s scrapbook layout.


If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.   

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!

Below are the product codes and prices for the items used on these projects. Just click to order them for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment