Sunday, September 3, 2017

{anything but} Christmas in the Making




Stamp Sets:  Christmas in the Making, Watercolor Words,
Thankful Thoughts and Happy Birthday Gorgeous

We were challenged to use products from the Holiday Catalog, however, with the caveat that we do not create anything related to the holidays.  There are sets in the catalog that would fit that challenge very well, however, I wanted to be different (I know, go figure right?).  So, I used the stamp set Christmas in the Making to make….something else!

Happy Birthday

When I first saw the Christmas in the Making this girl reminded me of my daughter for some reason and it was the reason I had to buy it.  The card stock is Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White.  I used the Quilt Top Textured Impression Embossing Folder (TIEF) on a 4” x 5.25” piece of Daffodil Delight on top of a card base of the same color.  To get the Melon Mambo stitching I colored the raised side of the TIEF using a Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker and running it through the Big Shot back & Forth two times to ensure the color transfer.  Watercolor Pencils were used to color the image and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.

Wink of Stella

It’s hard to see on the full card photo, but above you can see that I used Wink of Stella on all of the birthday gift bows.

Note Card

The original of the image above has a VERY Christmas feel.  However, I used my Stampin’ Write Marker in Basic Black to ‘ink’ the stamp while leaving out the bird and the holly on the mailbox.  I was able to draw in the lines of the post using a ruler and I also extended the ‘snow’ line.  Happily the image fit onto the Notecard & Envelopes.  The image was then colored with the Watercolor Pencils again.  You can’t see in the photo that I used the White Stampin’ Chalk Marker and Wink of Stella to highlight the snowy ground.  The sentiment, A Note Just For You, is a combination of two stamps, ‘a note’ comes from “A Note of Thanks …” stamp in the Thankful Thoughts stamp set and “Just For You” from Watercolor Words.

 Envelope front & lining

I decided to decorate the envelope as well.  I omitted the ornament from the lady’s hand so I could insert the words ‘to you’ from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.  I also lined the inside of the envelope with paper from the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack that works without creating a holiday feel.

I hope you enjoyed my projects. If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!

I hope you enjoyed my projects!  Scroll down below the product list to see what the other hoppers are up to.

Product List










No comments:

Post a Comment