Monday, August 21, 2017

Year Of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper



Memories Monday

This post was written about a week ago.  Since then my sweet Mother-in-law, Marilyn, passed away after a battle with Alzheimer’s Disease.  I almost rescheduled this post of my own Mother but decided she (MIL) wouldn't want that and I can create a layout for her later.  I felt this post needed a note so as not to confuse anyone who has been following me on Facebook and knows that we have been caring for my Mother-in-law.  Thank you to everyone for the love and prayers over the last 10 months.      Karie

Today’s post shows two versions of the same 12” x 12” page I designed with a single photo of my mother, Sally Pietrowski.  Mom died in the winter of 2002. She was an inspiration to all of her children, especially the girls, on how to be strong. She was a single parent for most of my life.  When my kids were in their teens I once asked her, when will I know when my children don't need me any more.  She was thoughtful for a moment then said "I'll let you know".  At that time my oldest brother was about 50 years old.  As with most children, we all think she was the best Mother in the world.

Simple Version

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with this photo but I knew I wanted it to have some shine, like my mother.  I used the new Year Of Cheer Specialty *DSP as the background.  This paper is thicker than most DSP and makes the pages sturdy.  I kept looking at this page knowing it wasn’t right.  Finally after walking away from it for a day, I redesigned it.  

Stepped Up Version

For this version, I moved the flower over and decided the words (You’re the best) needed to stand out more. I stamped them onto Very Vanilla card stock (cs) and matted that with Copper Foil Paper.  I cut the letters for MOTHER with the Large Letters Framelits and used the ‘negative’ cut from Very Vanilla cs with a different sheet from the same DSP pack.  I stamped the ends of the Very Vanilla cs with a flower image from the Falling Flowers stamp set.  I would not say this is my favorite page design, but in person it does shine - just like my Mother.

I hope you liked this post and would like to see more of my ideas you can follow me. 
Just use the one of the options in the upper right corner.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.


Order the products used in the above samples, and many other products, Today or on September 1st!  via my website www.kariebeglau.stampinup.net 

Below are the product codes and prices for today’s projects.

Stamps:
Falling Flowers (w) #139553 $28 or (c)  #139556 $20
Watercolor Words (photopolymer) #138702 $26

Card Stock/paper: $8 each (Card stock=24 sheets)
#101650 – Very Vanilla (40 sheets $9)
#131201 – Pear Pizzazz
#105117 – Pumpkin Pie
#119684 – Cajun Craze
#100702 – Old Olive
#142020 – Foil Sheet/Copper 12” x 12” (2 single sided sheets) $4
#144640 – Year of Cheer Specialty *Designer Series Paper 12” x 12” (12 Sheets, 3 each of 4 single-sided designs) $13  (9/1/17 – 1/2/1)

Inks:  $6.50 each
#126965 – Cajun Craze
#102283 – VersaMark ($8.50)

Accessories:
#143263 – Big Shot $110
#141715 – Large Letters Framelits $99
#140613 – Rose Garden Thinlits #31
#129053 – Heat Tool $30
#141636 – Stampin’ Emboss Powder / Copper (1/2 oz.) $5
#129026 – Fast Fuse Adhesive (13.1 yards) $10
#129027 – Fast Fuse Adhesive Refill (21.9 yards) $7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment