Friday, August 4, 2017

Birthday Memories




Cards for Kids


I am excited to be a part of the Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop Group.  I hope you will find some inspiration with my cards today. 



The base of the card using Lemon Lime Twist (love this color).  Then I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock (4” x 5.25”) and embossed it with two of New Textured Impression Embossing Folders.  I embossed the piece using the Polka Dot Basics folder first, then I embossed that same piece using the Oh My Stars folder.  I thought it gave a fun texture to the card front.

Next I cut images from the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper using the Layering Ovals Framelits and adhered them to the card front.   I cut the Happy Birthday Thinlits twice, once is Whisper White and again in Lemon Lime Twist.  I matted them together slightly off so some of the white would show and adhered to them to card front.  (see close up photo below).


I didn’t want the inside to be boring…it’s for a kid after all. So I cut another piece of the Daffodil Delight card stock to mat the Whisper White.  The sentiment is stamped in Lemon Lime Twist ink and the stamps are from Marquee Messages.  Then . . . yes, I did fussy cut the racoon from the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper. I know, I know, it’s not a favorite thing for most people.  But I love the results, how about you?




Here’s another "Bonus" card idea using the same Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper, the Layering Ovals and Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies and the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. The card stock is Powder Pink, Dapper Denim, and Whisper White.  The cut little girl was cut from the cupcake oval shape in the above card.  Two For One!



We will be blogging again next month on the 1st of September.  Be sure to join us again!

If you like my blog I hope you will follow me. 
Just use the ‘Follow by email’ link in the upper right corner.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

Don’t forget to click the link below and see what Marieke has to share with you!
 www.destempelcoach.nl 

 

Below are the product codes and prices for today’s projects.  You can order these products, and many others, with the link on this blog or on my website www.kariebeglau.stampinup.net Today!

Stamps:
#141727 – Marquee Messages (photopolymer) $21

Card Stock/paper: $8 each (Card stock=24 sheets)
#100730 – Whisper White (40 sheets $9)
#144245 – Lemon Lime Twist
#144118 – Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper 12” x 12” (12 Sheets, 2 each of 6 double-sided designs $11)

Inks:  $6.50 each
#144086 – Lemon-Lime Twist

Accessories:
#104332 – SNAIL Adhesive $7
#104331 – SNAIL Adhesive Refill $4.50
#143263 - Big Shot $110
#141706 - Layering Ovals $35
#143700 – Happy Birthday Thinlits $20
#143709 – Polka Dot Basics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder $7.50
#143710 – Oh My Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder $7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment